Modern dentistry offers an array of options to the tooth loss problem. Bridges, implants and removable dentures are some of the most popular treatment alternatives. Out of all these options, dental implants certainly standout as something unique. The implants solution is undeniably the most reliable, comfortable and natural, compared to other alternatives.
Why implants are the best choice
Dental healthcare experts suggest patients to undergo the implants treatment because of the following reasons:
- Surgically drilled implants just act like a natural tooth.
- The implants post is made from biocompatible substance like titanium, which completely disintegrates with your jaw bone in course of time.
- Thus, the structural foundation of dental implants is unquestionably strong.
- They look and perform just like a natural tooth and also support the facial muscles.
teeth implants treatment is undoubtedly a complex, time-consuming and costly affair. So it is important to know the factors that will extend the life of your implants.
- Right assessment: First, you have to be a suitable candidate for this treatment. Your dental expert will see whether you’ve enough jaw bone mass to support the implants post. In many cases, where patients lack enough jawbone are suggested to undergo mini or short implants. In other cases, bone regeneration is first done and only then, implants surgery is proceeded with.
- Improper placement: According to a renowned dental implant provider in London, poorly placed implants are a major reason behind the cases of implants failure. Therefore, it is always crucial to go to an expert who has enough hands-on experience in handling such cases. It is relevant to mention here that Camden High Street Dental Practice, located on Camden Street, handles hundreds of implants cases every year.
- Gum infections and diseases: Gum diseases and infections are a major reason behind tooth decay and tooth loss. Similarly, they also play an important role behind implants failure. At the post-implants surgery stage, one has to be more careful in maintaining oral health and hygiene to avoid gum diseases.
- Other factors: Other dental conditions like bruxism or teeth grinding are also known to cause implants failure. More often, low-quality prosthetic materials like plastic or acrylic are used in titanium full-arch treatments. Our Camden expert suggests using higher-grade materials made of porcelain or zirconium to ensure successful outcome of the entire oral surgical procedure.
- Maintenance of a healthy lifestyle: Follow a healthy lifestyle by quitting smoking and drinking. If you are a diabetic patient, you should take the necessary steps to keep your sugar level in the blood under control. These factors help extending the life of dental implants.
If you take proper care, your dental implants will easily last for decades together, if not for an entire lifetime.