All on Four Dental Implants in London
The All on 4 Dental Implant is part of the on-going revolution in implant dentistry. It allows for the replacement of an entire set of teeth with only four dental implants and offers a more reasonable alternative to full dental implants.
All-on-4 dental implants procedure
At Camden High Street Dental Practice, we follow a customised approach in every case based on the individual needs of each patient. ForAll-on-4 dental implant treatment at our clinic, we follow the following procedure:
- On the first visit to our clinic, we complete the initial consultation, take x-rays and prepare impressions.
- At your next visit our expert will place the implants in your mouth. If any tooth extraction is necessary, it will be done at this stage.
- You will need at least two follow-up appointments after the surgery.
- After approximately 4 months from the implants post fixing, you will have new impressions taken for your permanent set of crowns.
- About two months later there will be a final visit when the permanent set of artificial crowns will be placed on your implant posts.
Advantages of All on Four Implants Treatment
All-on-4 dental implants treatment offers many advantages, including the following:
- It completely eliminates movement of artificial teeth inside your mouth, unlike bridges and dentures.
- Reinforces biting and chewing ability.
- The treatment is suitable for patients with failing dentition.
- It is both aesthetically and functionally more effective than the traditional alternatives.
- The all-on-four treatment suits people, who lack enough jawbone to support implant posts.
- Bone grafting is not always necessary.
- It is a better alternative to traditional dentures being the closest thing to natural teeth.
- There is no restriction on what you can eat.
- The recovery time is shorter compared to the other treatment alternatives
Your follow-up visits will be fewer.
All-on-four implants vs. normal dental implants
All on 4 dental implants are different from traditional implants in the following ways
- In some cases, All-on-four only requires 4 to 6 implants to support an entire arch.
- On an average, 6 to 10 normal dental implants are required to support a whole arch of teeth in the mouth.
- In contrast to traditional implants, the all-on-four treatment procedure is less invasive and faster to accomplish.
All on 4 implants vs. dentures
- Dentures result in bone loss as they rely on support from your soft gum tissues. Dentures can be inconvenient as well as unstable. When you wear dentures, you may find it difficult to eat some of your favourite foods.
- The All-on-four implant option provides you with a permanent set of teeth that both looks and feels like your natural teeth. You can even brush the teeth supported on all-on-4 implants regularly just like you did your natural teeth. All-on-4 implants offer much higher level of comfort and convenience compared to traditional dentures. This modern treatment alternative will also prevent further erosion of your jawbone.
All-0n-Four Dental implants FAQs
How long doesAll-on-4 dental implant surgery lasts?
The surgical procedure lasts approximately 2.5 hours per arch.
What is the success rate of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Results of extensive studies published show All-on-4 dental implants have a 98% success rate.
Am I suitable for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Your dentist at Camden High Street Dental Practice will evaluate your individual oral health to decide if you are a good candidate for All-on-4 dental implants.
Generally a suitable candidate for all-on-4 dental implants treatment is someone in good physical heath with good oral health.
After the all-on-4 treatment will my teeth look natural?
Yes and you better be confident about that. The All-on-4 dental implant technique is meant to give you permanent teeth that look, feel and function just like your natural ones. It’s will be hard for anyone to guess that you have had implants unless you tell them yourself.
I want to get my permanent set of teeth the day my implants are placed. Why isn’t that possible?
The reason is very simple. The surgical wound must be allowed to heal completely before the artificial teeth are placed on your gums. This healing requires time. However, you can be assured that you won’t leave our clinic without teeth. We’ll provide you with a temporary set of teeth as a temporary solution.
What about my all-on-4 dental implants after care?
Dental implants are just like your natural teeth. Regularly brush and floss your implants to maintain the best oral hygiene. Our oral hygienists will provide you with full instructions on how to care for your new implants. .