Emergency Dentist in Camden, London NW1
Camden High Street Dental Practice offers emergency dentistry services 24 hours a day to meet all your urgent needs. Dental emergencies may crop up at any time and can be severely painful. So we offer out-of-hour services to cater to your urgent needs.
The wide range of treatments that we offer includes fixing broken or chipped tooth or teeth, toothache and swelling.
We’ve a team of technically sound dental professionals to resolve the issues of your emergency dental conditions. We’re reputed to go the extra mile to ensure a sound and healthy mouth. Camden High Street Dental Practice is committed to facilitate a greater convenience to patients. Thus, we provide you with same-day appointments through online booking. Else, you can walk the conventional path and make a phone call to book your appointment.
What to do in Your Dental Emergencies:
- Toothache: Floss the teeth carefully and then rinse your mouth with lukewarm water to remove the suspended debris. A cold compress to the cheek can resolve to swelling. You should avoid applying painkiller gels to the problem area, as those may burn the gum tissues while leaving you in a greater misery. Don’t use painkiller gels near the sore tooth as the medication can burn the gums and cause further pain. You need to see a dentist as soon as possible.
- Chipped / Broken Teeth: It is important to collect the broken pieces of the tooth and book an appointment with a dentist on emergency basis. Meanwhile, it is also important to control the bleeding. You can rinse the mouth well with lukewarm water and then place gauze at the site of injury. If there’s swelling and pain in the cheek, apply a cold compress.
- Knocked-out teeth: Modern dentistry allows full restoration of a knocked out tooth or teeth, provided the treatment starts within an hour and a half after the incident. Collect the knocked out tooth and while doing so, make sure to handle it just by the crown or the top part. Do not scrub it, nor try to wash away the dirt by yourself. Just drop it in a cup of cold milk or water (again make sure the liquid is neither lukewarm nor hot) and rush to the nearest emergency dentist with it.
- Partially dislodged (extruded) tooth: A cold compress is effective to minimise the pain. Common painkillers that are available over the counter at the chemist shops prove helpful to keep away the pain. Visit your dentist as soon as you can.
- Lost filling: As a stopgap solution, get some dental temporary filling material from the neighbourhood chemist. Even sugar-free chewing gums can be used to fill up the cavity for the time being. Your dentist will replace the lost filling on emergency basis.
- Lost crown: You need an emergency dental visit to resolve this issue. Don’t forget to carry the crown with you. If it’s possible, apply a little dental cement, denture adhesive or toothpaste to the inner surface of the crown and try to wear it back on the teeth again.
- Trapped objects between teeth: Try removing the objects with a dental floss. If your attempt doesn’t succeed, contact your dentist right away.
- Broken braces or wires: Rinse the mouth thoroughly with salt water to ease the pain. Try pushing the wire back into its place with a soft eraser, but don’t push too hard. Visit your dentist if the wire is broken or refuses to get back in its place.
- Loose brackets and bands: Loose braces can be set temporarily using orthodontic wax before your dentist fixes them. It is normal for a band to come loose; preserve the band and show it to your dentist to get it fixed.
- Abscesses: Abscesses are nasty infections that develop at the tooth root. Potentially, the problem can lead to tooth loss. Visit your dentist right away if there’s any visible or painful swelling in the mouth. Meanwhile, you can rinse the mouth with lukewarm salt water to minimise the pain and the pus formation.
- Soft tissue injuries: Injuries to the soft tissues in the mouth bleed very easily. These injuries require immediate clinical intervention. As first-aid treatment, salt water rinsing helps in minimising the pain, while applying gauze or cold compress to the affected site helps control the bleeding.
Why patients choose us during their dental emergency situations?
- At Camden High Street Dental Practice, we handle every dental emergency promptly and the necessary treatment is provided without any delay.
- Our expert dentists handle every emergency case as unique and every patient is treated on the basis of a customised treatment plan.
- We readily accept nervous patients at our practice. Our expert and support staff are better equipped to handle these patients with greater ease.
- In comparison to our competitors, we offer reasonable charges for every dental emergency treatment we provide.
Get same-day appointment from our emergency dentist
Are you suffering from severe pain and discomfort? Are you in need of any dental emergency treatment?
At Camden High Street Dental Practice, our focus is to facilitate a greater convenience for our patients. Thus, we accept patients who book emergency appointments online. We prioritise dental emergency cases and unfailingly provide same-day appointments to relieve you from your oral misery. Get in touch with us to know more.