10 Tips for Strong and Healthy Teeth
It’s important to keep your teeth healthy and strong to avoid serious dental diseases Even if you already have oral issues there is still time to reverse and prevent further damage. Follow our tips in order to maintain good oral health.
- Eat a well-balanced diet – A proper diet should include calcium, phosphorus, fluoride, magnesium and vitamin D for healthy teeth. You should chew food properly and avoid eating sticky items along with the ones that are rich in fibrous content. Fruits, grains, vegetables, meats and oils have the right nutrient needed to have strong teeth.
- Brush using Fluoride toothpaste – You need to use a soft-bristled brush with Fluroide toothpaste and clean your mouth at least twice a day. This prevents tooth decay as fluoride combines together with calcium hydroxylapatite to form Fluorapatite that is highly resistant to damage caused due to bacteria.
- Floss where brush cannot reach properly – It is necessary to remove small food particles stuck in between the teeth as this can cause decay that progresses at a rapid pace. This will lead to severe dental pain and you may need to undergo root canal treatment. This is why dentists suggest flossing daily to keep your teeth in good condition.
- Proper amount of magnesium and phosphorus – The right source of magnesium and phosphorous is meat. Vegetarians don’t forget to take the supplements of phosphorus and magnesium for their healthy teeth.
- Rinse mouth properly after the meals – It is necessary to rinse your mouth after you take the meals as this helps get rid of food particles that causes plaque and various dental problems. This will help neutralise the acidity of the food that you eat.
- Avoid eating acidic and sticky foods – Tooth decay occurs when you eat and drink acidic and sticky food or drinks. So it is always good to avoid them for keeping your teeth strong. Your dental hygienist can help in preventing and treating oral disease with complete dental care.
- Clean your tongue properly – Tongue cleaning is important for sound oral health as it retains lots of debris that causes bad breath problem. It is advised to brush properly and clean your tongue for fresh mouth.
- Change toothbrush after three months – Your toothbrush will get damaged after two to three months. So you should change toothbrush regularly and even after you recover from illness for strong teeth and gums.
- Eat dark chocolates – If you love to eat chocolates, try to eat dark ones instead of milk chocolate. As dark chocolates have less amount of sugar, they can be effective in fighting tooth decay. Also, raw chocolate is a good choice as it is rich in antioxidants that can keep your teeth healthy.
- See a dentist once every six months – You should visit a dentist for routine checkups to improve your dental health. This will help you to have strong and healthy teeth and gums.
You may visit Camden High Street Dental Practice where the experts can give valuable tips on improving your oral health for strong and healthy teeth.