Wisdom teeth are also called third molars. They usually erupt between the ages of 17 and 26.
Why is it called wisdom tooth?
According to a dentist located in King’s Cross, London, the eruption of wisdom teeth is often very painful. Unlike the rest of the teeth, it comes up in lengthy intervals. Because of the pain and the inconvenience the teeth are associated with, people believe it imparts knowledge about the harshness of life. Thus, it is called the wisdom tooth.
Why does it cause pain?
Just like your other teeth, the wisdom teeth too start erupting from under the gum line. But as it appears late, by that time your jawbone and gum tissues have become considerably hard and mature. Thus, the eruption involves pain and inconvenience. People who have a smaller mouth are likely to suffer more from wisdom teeth than others. Apart from tolerating the pain, they may have to go through extensive orthodontic treatments to keep their mouth in shape and good health. In order to avoid the miseries involved with it, modern dentistry suggests to remove the wisdom teeth.
What are the symptoms associated with wisdom tooth?
If you think the wisdom tooth affects only the surrounding teeth and the gum muscles, you’re wrong. In extreme cases, it can lead to the following problems:
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Severe headache and migraine
- Bad breath
- A swollen face
- Oral abscess
- TMJ problems
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
The problem may even rob your natural ability to open your mouth properly. It becomes very difficult to eat or sleep for days at a time when a wisdom tooth aches.
What are the home remedies to minimise the pain and discomfort?
- Cold packs: Apply an ice pack to the affected area on the cheek to minimise the inflammation and the swelling. This often provides comfort and minimises the pain.
- Onion: Cut a tiny piece out of an onion and place it on the site of pain. Then, bite on it as hard as you can. Allow the juice from the vegetable to penetrate through the affected area. The more pungent the onion is, the better the effect will be. Onion contains phytochemicals that kill the germs that cause the pain and inflammation.
- Clove oil: Dr. Mohsen Mobasseri is a renowned dentist for successful wisdom teeth removal in London. He suggests to apply clove oil to reduce the pain associated with this problem. Clove oil is a natural analgesic for gum pain and it works wonders in relieving your wisdom tooth pain.
Follow these tips to secure instant relief from the problem.
Are you too worried about your Wisdom Teeth Pain?
You may visit our dentists to relive from Wisdom teeth pain.