The use of dental crowns can make your smile beautiful. They can provide added strength to your teeth and cover damage such as cracking, chipping and discoloration.
Your Smile is the first feature that most of us notice in others. A bright and straight smile can build a good impression and in the same way the opposite can leave a not so good one! No matter your age, having crooked and discoloured teeth can lead to embarrassment and and loss of confidence in social. If you are suffering from any dental problem such as chipped, stained or cracked teeth, you can still get them fixed by any Local dentist. Dental crown is one orthodontic treatment that can help in covering these flaws and give a smile that you desire.
It is a prosthetic device that can cover the flaw in your teeth effectively. It is cemented on the teeth or implants that cannot be removed by anyone except the dentist. It is an effective procedure that is needed when teeth are cracked or to protect them from further damage. This procedure is an effective way to even out misshaped and discoloured tooth.
Different types of dental crowns used in various dental practice London or elsewhere are:
- Metal and gold fused together
- Ceramic or porcelain fused together
- Metal or porcelain fused together
Why Dental Crowns are Needed:
- Root canal: This treatment is used to save a decayed or cracked tooth from further damage. Dental crown comes in handy when there is hardly any tooth is present to support filling.
- Cracked tooth: This condition causes a great deal of pain and anguish in patients as the dentin is exposed to the changes in the temperature. A temporary or permanent crown is an ideal solution for this case.
- Dental implant: It requires dental crowns to replace the natural tooth and give it a natural look. It improves the aesthetic appeal and helps the patient carry on the regular activities like eating, drinking and more.
- Broken cusp: It affects the surface of the teeth that are used for chewing food. An onlay or crown can be used repair the damage and in the meantime restore the shape of the tooth.
Does Getting a Crown Hurt:
The attending dentist will make sure of your comfort and a local anesthesia will be used so as to minimize pain and discomfort. In case you are experiencing severe pain after the treatment and there is severe swelling, visit your dentist as soon as possible. They will correctly examine your condition and prescribe you proper medications.
After the Treatment:
You need to take proper care of your teeth post the treatment to prevent further damage or fracture. Avoid teeth grinding and chewing any hard food item or ice during the initial days after the procedure.
How Long do Crowns Last:
It lasts for at least 5 to 8 months and with proper mouth hygiene they might last longer. Grinding of teeth, chewing on hard items or biting fingernails can reduce the life time of crowns drastically.
Brushing and flossing regularly are the first course of action towards safeguarding of teeth, the next been visit to a dentists in Camden. However, if any dental problems strike then there are oral treatments like dental crowns to save the day.